
1. I love that I always knew that as long as I was doing my best my Dad was always proud of me. He never made me feel like I was not good enough. I always felt encouraged to try my hardest but there was never pressure to be "the best". I knew no matter what my dad was proud of me and loved me!
2. My dad has run many marathons. For him it never seemed much about getting a really great time or beating anyone else it was just about finishing the race and accomplishing a goal. While I don't think he was trying to teach me a lesson running marathons I learned from him that it is not always about winning, sometimes it's just about finishing the race.

3. I learned from my dad the importance of hard work. He had a difficult life but he worked hard and was able to provide a very nice life for us. I appreciate his work ethic and what it has taught me.
4. My dad LOVES halloween. He always made that holiday so much fun. I have now passed on his traditions to my own family and I think of him every time that holiday rolls around.
5. I learned a love of photography from my dad. I still remember his camera that felt like it was filled with lead weights and the brown leather bag he carried it around in. While I don't claim to be a great photographer he taught me that a picture is more than just point and shoot. I feel like the few great shots I have are from the things I learned from watching him take pictures.
6. My dad is the best card sender in the world! I love and cherish his cards. He finds the perfect card for every occasion and you usually will get more than one and they are always filled with his artistic handy work. I LOVE my dad's cards and have saved them for many years!
I could keep going but I won't. Suffice it to say that I have a great dad and I love him and miss him and I wish I could be with him today. I hope that by some birthday miracle he is able to fugure out a computer long enough to read this!
Dad, I love you!
2 comments:
Aren't dads the best? I loved reading this---he sounds wonderful.
P.S. Welcome back! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures!!!
Very true! First time I've cried in two years.
I love my family soo much.
Post a Comment