Saturday, August 16, 2008

May I have some popcorn with my butter?

If you go to the movies and decide to get a tasty treat and there is a very blond girl behind the counter helping you when she asks, "Do you want butter on that?" say NO!!!!!

I should have known something was very wrong when I went to fill the girls drinks up and I looked down and the baby's brand new car seat was COVERED in melted butter. It was a good thing the canopy was up or I would have had one slippery baby.

I was smart enough to take Morgan's box back and ask for a new one (minus the butter) but for some reason I never thought to take back Abby's as well. This is the sight I saw after the movie was over.


How Abby managed to get it all up her backside as well is a mystery to me. It was also all over their shirts but you can't see that in the pictures.

So after our girls night (the boys were at a father son camp out) I got to go home and scrub and scrub and scrub some more. Things are looking a little better today but I think I still have some more work to do if I want to try and make their clothes wearable again.

I jokingly referred to my girls as butter ball turkeys for the rest of the evening. What a funny night!

3 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

I cannot STOP laughing!!!!! I had to show Rich! We were dying! That is like 1/2 cup butter on 2 cups popcorn!!! I am sorry you have had so much scrubbing, but I will not forget that moment anytime soon!!! When Abby turned around last night I about Died!

Company EIGHT said...

Okay, that is seriously FUNNY! I can only imagine how many cups of butter were actually on that popcorn!! Sorry about all the scrubbing--hope it comes out!

Heidi said...

Yeah, that's some serious butter. At least you try to repair it. I throw stuff like that away. I'm lazy that way.