With Brook away I've had lots of time to make some executive decorating decisions. I've never been quite happy with some of our color schemes and always felt that the "aura" of our rooms was a bit to - aqua, if you know what I mean. Don't even get me started on the fung shui problems we've had from day one.
After struggling for days on how to address this, I called my best friends Rick, Justin, Kevin, and Rich and they came over to give me some moral support. They could clearly see my frustration and even helped dab away my tears when I couldn't hold back the tormoil this was putting me in.
After some good bonding time, we watched Ellen and then they gave me some great ideas that I just had to share for the blogging world.

I know what you're thinking, where did you come up with that fantastic design scheme? I wish I could say that it was all from me, but I have to give a little credit to Oprah of course, then years of watching trading spaces (love that Hildi), my great guy pals I already mentioned and lastly of course, Martha Stewart, without whom I'd be helpless.
Let me point out my 5 FAVORITES with the new room design.
1) Notice the sleek stainless steel desklamp I added to the room. I feel like it adds just a touch of Nate Burkus to the room (Thanks again Oprah).
2) Notice the open floor plan. This was a purposefully stylistic decision not to clutter the room with too much large furniture. I have to admit, I'm much more of a minimalist then most people I know.
3) Notice the use of abundant light to give the room more warmth. The classic polymer blinds relaly let the light in too. I bet you're wondering, where's the valence? I know, it may seem crazy, but I purposefully am evoking a bit of a NYC loft feel.
4) Notice the bookshelf in the corner. This helps invite in people to make themselves at home and really makes this room a safe place for "learning" for the kids.
5) Lastly, I through tons of crap everywhere do give it that kitchy, country home charm.
*********************************************************************************
For the new blogjack fans, tomorrow we will be exploring some other ideas from my unnamed friends. Here are the winning suggestions.
Comment #1
This is great! Nice paintball photo! You could make it into a Bears Fan site. Change the background and add editorials about the Bears.
Just an idea. I will keep thinking of other ideas.
Just an idea. I will keep thinking of other ideas.
Comment #2
Dude...you're digging your own grave! If you want some ideas, go
opposite all the perfect family photo crap and post photos of you
watching TV in your underwear, your kids crying & a totally trashed
kitchen. That would be funny.
If only she hadn't taken the camera with her - CAC
Comment #3
Did Brook sign off on the paintball girl photo?
She hasn't even seen the blogjacking yet - CAC
Comment #4
Another idea … can you add music as a background to the blog site? If so, you could put the “Super Bowl Shuffle” as background music. I am sure you already have it downloaded.
Comment #5
A few ideas (mostly from {cencored to protect the innocent})…
- share a recipe
- share a deep meaningful thought that only you truly get
- complain about how hectic your day was, point by point, minute by minute
- declare your children's' cuteness as if none could ever compare
- talk about shoes, purses, and girls' nights
- tell about a really great sale/deal you found
The above should get you started...
Bonus points for throughness and comedic Parody foresight. - CAC
Comment #6
One idea is the doing one of those tag blogs where they tag you with a list of personal questions and you answer them. I would also consider changing the background to a bears one if you can find it. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
A second vote for the Bears concept, I may have to expand on that concept. - CAC
See you all tomorrow!!!!
4 comments:
You are KILLING me!!! Oh, and we definitely need to hear more about shoes and purses--that's my personal favorite.
I'm a friend of sweetpea and I have to say that this is HILARIOUS! I'd better not let my husband see this or he would TOTALLY do it himself.
Chuck, I can't wait to see Brook's reaction to this. This is classic Chuck!
Best,
Erika
Charlie, Charlie. Your genius knows no bounds.
Post a Comment