We have just arrived home from our trip out to Utah and I thought I would share some of the
fun we had.
1. Sometimes the best part of the trip for the kids is the stay in the hotel. They had a blast swimming and jumping on the beds. I was not in the room when the jumping occurred...I can only wonder what else goes on when I am not around.
2. We got to ride on the airplane with our good friends. The girls sat with the girls and the boys sat with the boys. When we were walking down the isle with our 7 kids you should have seen the look of amazement/terror on peoples faces. I am sure they were just happy when they realised we were not sitting in their row. The kids were actually REALLY good!
4. We went bowling...my kids always love it and I actually bowled a really good game!
5. I got to go to General Conference with Abby, my sister, and my nephew. It was awesome to be in the actual conference center and feel the hush of the crowd when the prophet walked in. Abby took notes through the entire thing and was so cute. It was a great experience that I think she will remember for a long time.
7. We were there for my brothers birthday and we went bowling with all the kids. It was great that we could all be together with him on his special day.
8. We spent an amazing day at the zoo. The weather was beautiful that day and it felt great to be outside. The kids had a blast...the train as usual was their favorite!
9. We went out to eat at Tuscany KID FREE! The food was amazing the company was even better. It was great to spend one night as adults and remember the good old days!
10. We took the kids to eat at the Mayan. Do you notice anyone missing in this picture? Morgan!!! She had been left outside and we had been at our table taking pictures and ordering food before some front desk lady brought her up and asked us if she was ours!!!! Great parenting moment if I do say so myself. You know you have too many kids when you don't even notice when one is missing. OOPS!
11. We went on a hike to the temple quarry trail where they got all the stone for the Utah temple. It was a perfect hike for the kids and they each found a little stone made out of rock that looks just like the temple to bring home with them.
14. We took the kids to the Dino museum. They had a great time exploring.
15. My grandma Jane had her annual easter egg hunt and we were able to go and see lots of family and the kids had a great time on their hunt. I love spending time with family!
The last 5 memories I don't have pictures of but they were fun all the same.
16. Spa day with my bff at my favorite place in the entire world. I seriously would be broke if I lived in Utah. The relaxing time was fantastic.
17. Charlie and his brother and two good friends spent a day skiing. Actually Charlie spent most of the day falling and the boys spent most of the day laughing. They purposely would let Charlie go ahead of them so that they could watch the show. No broken bones just lots of bruises and a shattered credit card. Thanks Rich for finding my husbands cell phone....I have no idea how you did it!
18. The kids got to go swimming in Uncle Chris' outdoor hot springs pool. They had a blast!
19. My sister invited the kids for a sleepover at her house. It was a special night for them and they are still talking about it. Thanks Jeni!
20. Last but not least, we spent an afternoon with Charlie's family and had a great time. The kids had an easter egg hunt, they rode in the back of Uncle Chris' truck and we ate great food and enjoyed the company of fun family.
It was a great trip...now we are just in recovery mode. I feel like I always need a vacation from my vacation. It feels good to be home but our time with our friends and family will truly be missed. COME SEE US SOON!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
LOVE all the pics! What a fun vacation. Now you can rest. :) I missed you!
So fun! I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time - it makes me miss Utah :) I'm even more glad that you're home though!!!
I can't believe it's over! No more fun visit to look forward to. Oh well - at least I know we'll do it again and again until we're old grandmas together. Hope life is back to normal for you.... love Cher
Sounds busy and fun!!
You guys took me to the Mayan it was yummy. I suppose I should be grateful I wasn't left outside like Morgan!!
Post a Comment