Thursday, November 19, 2009

Losing My Mind!


If this were my real hand I would have at least 25 ribbons tied to it and then they would have to be numbered and I would have to carry around a post-it to help me remember what each one was for.

This baby has apparently sucked every last brain cell that I once had out of me. I have had periods of forgetfulness in previous pregnancies but nothing like this.

This is what I have managed to screw up in the last week or so. I called my niece 10 days before her birthday and sang happy birthday to her. Let me tell you how it feels to have a 4 year old explain to you that it is not their birthday yet!

Yesterday I dropped Morgan off at a play date that was not supposed to be until today.

And the last two days in a row the school has had to call to tell me the bus was waiting for me at the driveway to let Morgan off! They will not let the kindergarten kids off until they see their parents and after 3 children in kindergarten that had NEVER happened to me until this week. I even looked at the clock at 11:58 and thought to myself to make sure I was out there plenty early. Then I went on cleaning until the phone started to ring and my heart sank.

So...if I call you and sing you happy birthday or it is your birthday and I don't call or we are supposed to meet and I don't show...please don't be surprised. My only hope can be that this fog clears after this little baby arrives!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Too funny! And yet, not funny because I so remember feeling this way! With Luke it was 100 times worse than with the other ones. I would think about something in the morning and then forget entirely by that afternoon! It does come back, but a year later, I don't know that it is all back. Maybe that's why our kids can seem so smart to us sometimes. They literally sucked it all out of us!!

Jewels said...

Put a big post it on your forehead for tomorrow PRIMARY ACTIVITY 6-730!!!!

Jedda said...

I'm glad I'm not alone on this! yikes! it's hard to be a Mom and be an expecting Mom! It took me three tries to get to the dr on the right day! Good thing I was early the first 2 days I went!

Erica said...

do i need to pick you up from the primary activity tomorrow so you remember that we're going to the movies????

are you even gonna remember the primary activity?!?! j/k

love you :)

p.s. my birthday is jan 23 ;)

Stephanie Lowe said...

Totally! I think it really does get worse with each pregnancy and it's not suprising that a few things fall through the cracks! I'm still wondering where part of my memory/brain went with my last baby?!? Is it ever going to come back or will we just have to rescue each other for the rest of our lives??? If you aren't at dinner by 7:45...we're coming to get you :)

Becky Sharp said...

That sounds all too familiar! Pregnancy does the same thing to me. A couple months ago, I completely forgot to get my kindergartner off the bus. I ran out there a few minutes too late. And where I live, they don't call you until after they take your child back to the school. I felt horrible! I picked him up at the school expecting him to be devastated that I forgot him. But he was totally fine and thought it was a fun adventure. Thank goodness for flexible 6-year-olds! Good luck Brook, the fog will pass...eventually. :-)

Company EIGHT said...

Oh man, can I relate! In fact, the babies are 3 months old and I know I haven't grown all the brain cells back!! The worst was being called at 5:30pm, and being reminded that you were supposed to take someone dinner at 5pm. Yeah.