We arrived home a few days ago from a wonderful Carn family reunion. The trip began when we all met at the Carn compound and made our first trip of many to our favorite restaurant Portillo's! The cousins were all excited for a fun filled week ahead.

We had the opportunity to bless our not so little baby Logan at Charlie's parents home with all of his brothers. Logan's little cousin Finley was blessed as well. How did we not get a picture of the two of them together? Oh yeah, there were 35 people squished in one little room...I guess it was too crazy for pictures.

Here is Logan with his proud papa. What a special day it was to bless Logan with so many family members around.

Then the packing began. It took us 5 vans and a truck filled to the top to get to our destination. We were headed to The Grand Bear Lodge and brought enough food with us to feed a small village.

This was where we stayed. We had two lodges to fit 35 of us. They were a great place for us to all gather together and spend some family time.

The lodge has a great indoor water park with a wave pool, lazy river, and fun water slides. The kids had a blast here and we went at least twice a day if not more. One of my favorite memories was our family train of tubes floating around the lazy river. There were so many of us that the tail end of the train almost reached the start of the train!

The lodge also had a great little amusement park and mini golf but we also spent plenty of time at the lodge with fun planned activities. We played a great round of family feud, made bottle rockets with Grandpa, played bingo for the grand "Fanta" prize, and we even had our very own talent show. The talent show was quite a hit. My favorite moments were Spencer singing and dancing to," Eye of the Tiger" and believe it or not I really enjoyed the all girl act singing to ,"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair." Charlie promised to get it on video but he ended up messing with the baby. Someone did get a cute picture of it though and if I get a copy I will post it later.
Here is a picture of the overall craziness of the lodge. When you get 35 Carn's together you can hear us from miles away. I was glad no one was in the lodge next to us!

Here are the kiddos on the way to shoot off their rockets. It was REALLY hot but the kids had a blast...literally!

This is how we all felt at the end of the trip.

A great time was had by all and I am grateful to my in-laws for putting it all together. I loved almost every second of it :) and I am glad my kids had some good quality time with family that they do not get to see very often. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
Below is a clip of what our family did for the talent show and just a small bit of Spencer's awesomness!
4 comments:
That lodge looks like so much fun! I can't believe you all fit into it! I'm glad you had a fun time with all your family...and Logan is just adorable for his blessing day!!!
What fun! So lucky that you all got together. That's hard to organize! Oh, and I love Portillo's! So jealous...
What a fun, fun, trip!! You made me hungry, just thinking about Portillo's!!
I love Logan's blessing pic, and the one with Charlie. How wonderful to have so much family around!
I loved reading this! Watching the talent show clip made me laugh. What great memories :)
Post a Comment