Monday, October 11, 2010

Where were you 6 years ago?

Six years ago I was about to welcome this little beauty into my life.

Six years ago Abby became a sister.
Six years ago my heart grew even bigger as I instantly fell in love with my little Morgan.
This weekend we celebrated Morgan's 6th birthday but her official special day is today. She picked the events for her party day. We started with breakfast at her favorite spot. They gave her a free Sunday since it was her birthday. And yes....I let her eat ice cream at 8:45 in the morning. Am I a bad mom?

She then wanted to go roller skating with the kids. They played games and won lots of tickets and skated their hearts out.
We came home and had a little party and opened presents. The kids then made a HUGE fort in the family room and got in their p.j.'s and watched a movie and had a sleepover. Morgan and the kids had a great time. The kids loved giving her their presents that they bought for her.
This is what my little Morgan is like at age 6 just in case she ever reads this one day and wonders what she was like.

- She can burp almost as loud as her father, but politely giggles and apologizes each time she does.
- She is competitive. She loves soccer and running and trying new things. She picks up on physical things pretty quickly.
- She loves to sing. I can usually hear her all the way down the hall at church when she is singing in primary.
- She loves to read. I find her most nights in bed after I have told her to go to sleep up reading just like her big sis.
- She hates cleaning. She does well at her Saturday chores (cleaning the toilet and sorting laundry) but she usually finds any excuse to get out of cleaning. She is my first child to hide clothing and toys under her bed to pretend she cleaned.
- EVERY meal she is the last to finish and the only one who forgets to clear her dishes.
- She is girly and loves to wear pretty clothes and have her hair done curly but she is also rough and tumble. She is loud and loves to wrestle and get dirty and be crazy.
She fills our life with joy and energy and I can hardly remember what life was like before she came. I love you Morgan!

4 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Happy Birthday, darling girl!

P.S. I love the pics of Abby and Ethan with Morgan---so cute, and so little!

cher said...

Morgan is such a fun girl - I love her. I remember seeing that pic in the hospital, and freaking out that you had THREE kids!! Way to break our family planning! : ) Looks like you all had fun. I'm jealous you got to go to that AWESOME breakfast place! ;-)

Jedda said...

It's so fun to see those photos of your cute kids when they were tiny! Happy Birthday sweet Morgan!

Erica said...

happy birthday miss morgan!