Friday, November 7, 2008

How soon is too soon?

Well, I knew it was coming and today it finally happened. While driving my kids home from preschool I flipped on the radio and guess what I heard....CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Glorious Christmas music.
I used to have a strict rule of no "songs of the season" until at least the day after Thanksgiving. Then I moved here and found several stations started to play music before Thanksgiving. At first I found the idea somewhat ridiculous but now I love it. Am I crazy?

I must admit it was a little difficult listening to "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", when it is 60 degrees outside and I was wearing flip flops yesterday but the song brought a smile to my face.

Am I ready to dig through my Christmas boxes and bring out all of my music...probably not but when I am driving around in my car you can bet that is what I will most likely have my station tuned to.

There is something about this season. I LOVE walking around the stores at this time and seeing all of the beautiful displays. It usually annoys me when in July they are putting out Halloween decorations but for some reason Christmas is different for me. I love the emotions that are stirred within me during these short few weeks. I love that I have the next 7 weeks to listen to music that turns my thoughts to my Savior and my family and the joy of this season.
So laugh if you may, but I for one will be singing my Christmas heart out!

10 comments:

cher said...

Ok. Not to disparage your joy Miss Brookie, but when I heard Christmas music the DAY AFTER Halloween, I about died. I love Christmas music sooo much, but that was a bit too much for me. Maybe I'll give it another try in a week or two! = )

Father Carnage said...

Brook,

Nothing on the blog, but I didn't get to talk to you tonight and I just wanted you to know that I am missing you.

Love - C

Melissa said...

I too Love Christmas music. What station are you listening too? I have all but given up radio stations here and listen strickly to cd's, but would love to give it a try. As for Charlie's post...How Sweet!!!!

Company EIGHT said...

I am a big Christmas music fan, and I love that I can enjoy all the way through the holidays. It seems to go too fast otherwise! I'm glad you're loving it too!

eight happy "hardts" said...

I love the picture of your family. Your family is beautiful. You have 2 thumbs up from me for listening to Christmas music. It makes me happy.

quiltylady said...

Charlie & Brook, Thanks for the heads up about your great blog. What a great way to watch your kidlings grow up vicariously. Aunt Carol

luckyduck said...

Hey, I love your blog! Where did you get your background? I'm just starting out with mine but you can check it out if you'd like. It's so fun to see the latest addition to your family! Say hello to Chuck from us.

bradget said...

Brad is very upset that I have started listening to Christmas music so I'm glad someone else in the family can back me up!

Stephanie Lowe said...

I LOVE Christmas music and the whole Christmas season is my favorite time of the year! I'm not sure about the day after Halloweeen...but by the middle of November I'm game for it all! I'm not to far behind you :)!

Anonymous said...

I have the best sister in the world