Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tulip Festival

We got home last night from our family trip to the tulip festival. The only way I was even able to consider making this journey was that we had 3 other adults willing to come along and help with our 5 kids. Thank goodness for grandparents!



The weather was AMAZING. It was so nice to sit outside in the sun surrounded by such beauty. There were quite a few people there but somehow it was still very quiet and peaceful.


The flowers were absolutely beautiful and I am glad we made the trip. The kids loved swimming in the pool and had a great time sleeping with their grandparents at the hotel.

We also had our first family picture taken as a family of 7! Wow...there are a lot of us now.

5 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

I LOVE the pics of your kids with the tulips--SO cute! I'm so glad you had such a good time.

Yes...you now have a family of 7. Hopefully you won't be like me and forget, when you are telling the hostess how many are in your party. It kind of sneaks up on you!

Erica said...

yay! so glad to hear you had a great trip. it looks amazing and i can't wait to go one year. and your little family of 7 looks beautiful!

Melissa said...

We are going to have to go there! It looks Beautiful! Before I read your caption under your family pic, I was thinking how cute it was to see you with your FIVE children. What a great mother you are! Can't wait to see you!!!

bradget said...

You are a warrior... a vacation with 5 kids? Good night.

Love all the pictures - I'm so excited to see everyone at the reunion.

Stephanie Lowe said...

I love all the tulip pictures. What a fun little vacation...and so brave you are :)!!! You're family of 7 is just fabulous!!!